Saturday, January 31, 2009

Denver Adventure

Since the weather was so nice today, we decided to get out of the house. We drove down to Centennial to see the Denver Temple. It's about a 45 minute drive from our house to the temple. The temple is just off the freeway, but it doesn't really stand out too much because it's just in the middle of a neighborhood, and it's not up on a hill. It's also only one story, so only the steeple really sticks up above the surrounding houses and buildings. I guess I was expecting it to be taller. When we were pulling up, Lily shouts from the backseat, "It's Moroni!" What a cute girl. The temple is very simple, but very pretty. We only stayed for a few minutes, but the kids had a good time. Daniel and I haven't attended the temple yet. With the drive time, we would be gone at least 4 hours. I just don't want to leave Drew with a young woman for that long yet. Maybe when he's eating more food we'll get my aunt and uncle to watch the kids one Saturday morning so we can go. At least our relief society goes down a few times each month. They're going this coming Tuesday morning, so I'm going to attend with them. I'm looking forward to going because I haven't been to the temple since before Drew was born! It should have been so easy to go often when we lived in Provo, but we really didn't go too often then either. That's one of my goals this year...better temple attendance.







Notice the ice on the top level of the fountain. Erik is on the other side of the fountain. (You can sort of see him through the water.)


Drew, looking like he's having a great time, as usual. :)

1 comment:

Jamie said...

I'm taking the YW up there in a couple weeks. It's a pretty temple.