
This past week I had to take both Erik and Drew to the doctor for check-ups. This was Drew's 4 month visit and Erik's 5 year old, kindergarten shots visit. I wasn't too excited to have two kids get immunizations on the same day, with another one at home with a cold. Everyone was in a bad mood and went to bed early. Anyway, Erik had to get 5 shots and Drew had to get 4. At least now Erik doesn't have to get any more for a long while. I think he screamed more than Drew....poor kids! I think I probably felt just as bad as they did.

This is probably what the nurses looked like to Erik. At least they get two at a time, instead of 5 individual shots. I had to use lots of bribery to get Erik to let them do this. I had to have him go first too, otherwise I wouldn't have gotten him on the table. I had to lay across his chest to keep him from jumping up as it was. They offered to let him get the shots in two separate visits. Are they insane? He NEVER would have come back for the second visit!! I can't believe my firstborn baby will soon be in school!!! Yikes!!! At least I have a few more years till Lily has to get hers. Poor Drew baby has more in two months. :( At least babies recover quickly!
I like how doctors have the nurses give the shots. I guess they don't want kids to be scared of the doctor! :) Good plan.
1 comment:
Eric, when the nurse brings out the poky needle, I recommend running outside and hiding behind the bushes. It doesn't work--I tried it when I was about your age--but it's still worth a try and makes your point. It also took something like six nurses once to hold me down (I'm not making this up). I still got the shot, but those evil torturers in their deceptive white clothes should have to work for it.
Post a Comment