Friday, July 18, 2008

Great Book

  Well, nothing extremely exciting has been going on with us lately.  We are just trying to survive the heat.  I have wanted to take the kids swimming, but my suit doesn't quite fit right now, and I don't want to buy a maternity suit for one month.  Maybe we'll be able to figure something out.  Erik and Lily have been in our little pool and we play outside mostly before lunch, and sometimes right before bed.  
  One thing I have been doing is trying to catch up on some good books.  I wanted to share one I'm reading right now that I highly recommend to everyone.  It's called Believing Christ and is written by Stephen Robinson, a professor of religion at BYU.  He's the one that shared the parable of the bicycle.  (His daughter wanted a bike and he told her to save her pennies.  A bit later she said she had been saving all her pennies so he took her to the store.  The bike she wanted was over $100 and she only had about 61 cents.  She gave him all her pennies and he made up the rest.)  Anyway, this book is about the Atonement, but it's great because it explains the Atonement, it's purpose, and how it works in simple terms.  It's a great book if you feel like you don't really understand the Atonement, or if you just need a good reminder or need to be uplifted during difficult times.  If you need a good, quick, easy book to read this summer, or anytime, I highly recommend this one.

No comments: