Does anyone else have the problem that I do? Erik wants his door open at night now, and if we don't open it before we go to bed, he'll wake up in the middle of the night and open it. The problem with him having an open door is that he wakes up around 2 am when Daniel comes home from work. Then he thinks it's time to stay up and will talk to Daniel just like it's noon. He still gets up before 7 in the morning and is a GROUCH all day long...especially since he doesn't take naps anymore. I can't very well lock him in his room all night since he's not in a diaper anymore. How do you make a kid stay asleep and then sleep longer than 6:30 am? I am open to any suggestions.
Saturday, January 26, 2008
What's for dinner?
A few nights ago Daniel was cooking up some hamburger to make tacos. Erik really wanted to help him make the hamburger, so Daniel said he could help him stir when it was time. I was sitting in the living room and I heard Erik and Daniel in the kitchen mixing the taco sauce into the meat. I heard Erik talking, but I wasn't paying attention to what he was saying. Suddenly, I heard Daniel chuckle and say to Erik, "This isn't mud, it's taco sauce." Apparently Erik thought he was making mud for dinner. I had to laugh. Kids say the darndest things!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
My plan is to keep Emi in her crib 'til she's 5! Hee hee. I am a strong believer in bribes. We bribed Kali to stop sucking her thumb by promising her a reward (something small like a sticker) if she didn't suck her thumb all night.
Happy Birthday!
Post a Comment