Today is just another day. Oh wait....no it isn't! It's my birthday. It's not that no one wished me a happy birthday. Daniel and the kids did, and so did my kids at school. It's just that it's not as big of a deal as it used to be. I guess when you actually have to go to work, don't really get a party, and can't really remember how old you are anymore (I'm 31 today) birthdays just aren't as exciting as they once were. Oh sure, I still got cards, presents, and cake but I couldn't spend the day doing what I wanted to do...or not do. I don't have friends coming over tonight to party seeing as how it's a work night. And I still had to do all my teacher/adult/mom stuff...I didn't get the day off from that either. It really was a nice day. We're going to dinner tonight...Daniel, myself, and the kids. HMMMM....is this really a nice, relaxing night out? If anything, at least it will be entertaining and won't be dull. ( And why does my birthday always have to be at the same time as the Super Bowl?! I guess it's not too much of a problem as long as the Raiders never make it. Sorry honey!)
I'm now down to less than four months until I'm done teaching. I really shouldn't have started counting down soooo soon because it's making it harder to get up, go to work, and actually care about teaching each day. It's not that I don't enjoy it ever, it's just a lot of work. On days like today, when I almost got stuck coming down my driveway, I sure wish I didn't have to go anywhere. I just want to stay home and not be rushed trying to get dressed and eat breakfast in the morning. I just keep telling myself "end of May, end of May, end of May."
Apparently we don't feed our kids enough. Earlier today Erik wanted some cheese. He was apparently starving and couldn't wait for Daniel to cut a piece. He just decided to start taking bites out of the block! I wish I could've been there to see that. Lily is cute as ever and has now decided that screaming is fun. I'm ready for the snow to melt so they can both go outside to play and exhaust some of their pent-up energy. Gotta love em though!
6 comments:
The Raiders have won the Super Bowl 3 times in their day and been there a couple of other times thank you.
Happy Birthday Jenn! I am at that point where I don't remember how old I am either. Mick is my same age so when he has his birthday in January it reminds me how old I will be turning in July. Sorry you had to spend it teaching. It is not fun working a job that you are tired and sick of. (I am in your same shoes) Hope that dinner was good!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Hey I am not too late yet, there is still an hour left of your b-day. Hope the dinner and everything sounds fun. The cheesecake sounds good.
Yea and I think the Raiders won in like 1912 and maybe again in 1930.
The last one the won was in 1983 or so. So what. They were IN the Super Bowl 5 years ago.
Happy Birthday Jenn!!
Post a Comment