Monday, January 14, 2008

Sundays...

  Well, with the new year we also changed church times.  We now have the "wonderful" time of 1:00-4:00.  This was the best time when I was a teenager, but now that I have kids I think this is the worst time.  Lily's nap is supposed to be around 1:00, so church is really fun if she's cranky. We decided we'll have to wake her up around 7:30 so she can go back down for a nap around 11:30.  I figure if we get through Sacrament it doesn't matter because then she gets to go spend time in nursery.  She went from a class of about 10 or 11 kids to only having 3 kids.  I know this will change as more kids enter nursery, but I guess there will be some days when she may be the only kid in nursery.  She will get lots of personal attention on those days.  Erik is now in CTR 5 and I think he only has about 4 or 5 kids in his class as well.  Or maybe a lot were gone yesterday. He enjoys primary and is always reminding us to read our scriptures at night, even though I may not always want to.
  Lily is now sleeping without the side on her crib.  She doesn't get out of bed at night, she'll just lay there and scream.  She won't get out of bed in the morning either because she can't open her door all the time yet.  She's done really well...she's only fallen out twice.  Now I just tuck in the blanket around her so she's in a cocoon.  By the time she gets up in the morning all her blankets and babies are on the floor.  She has to sleep with at least 3 babies, and in the morning she has to carry them around with her when she first wakes up.  She is starting to say some really funny things, and make some really funny faces.  For example, last night she shut her bedroom door and whenever she tried to go in she would come out and say "Locked" because she couldn't get it open.  One of the really cute things she says is "did it!" whenever she does something.  She then gets a huge grin on her face and is so proud of her accomplishment.      We had a medieval fair at school today for the sixth graders.  I was in charge, so I am really glad that it's now over.  I had to plan activities for about 85 kids.  We had 4 different activities, 20 minutes each.  We played "volleyball" with a ball stuffed in a pillowcase to represent the balls used back then.  We had lance practice where they had to get their hockey stick lance through a moving target.  They got to eat stew off of a bread plate without napkins or utensils.   They also had an armor race where they had to put on and take off clothing in the correct order.  It was a lot of work, but the kids loved it!  I'm glad because I would have hated to put in all that work and not have the kids like it.  I'm just glad I'm not in charge of anymore.  That was exhausting!
  Daniel is beginning the application process for various government agencies.  He asked me what I wanted for my birthday next month and I said the best present would be for him to tell me he had a job.  Since that isn't possible so quickly I told him the second best present would be for him to tell me he had all his application stuff done and sent in!  He told me that wasn't a real present, but after 8 years I think that's the best present ever!  He told me that would be a piece of cake, so we'll see if that happens by Feb. 4.

No comments: