Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Chaotic!

  OK, so I have decided I'm not very good at this.  I just don't have time, or anything interesting to say, to justify updating this more than once a week.  
  Today at school my 6th graders were acting like Erik...or any other 4 year old.  Let me explain.  I walked out of the room, just across the hall, for no more than 2 minutes and the students were working on their science posters.  I walk back into the room to find a girl jumping around and yelling "gross!"  After a few minutes I figured out what happened.  It all started with a girl putting a pencil mark on the poster of another boy.  So this boy then wrote a pencil line on  her poster.  (They were just drawing a sun and the moon phases.)  Then, after he wrote on her poster, the same girl threw a pencil at the boy, hitting him right under his eye.  He started "crying" so his friend told another boy in the class to spit a spitwad at her.  So, he being a smart sixth grader, went up to her and spit a spitwad down the back of her shirt (or onto the back of her shirt, I'm not sure).  I then went on to tell them they were acting like Erik and Lily and to keep the love spats out of the classroom.  OK, I didn't really call it a love spat, but I did compare their behavior to Erik and Lily.  This is why I'm looking forward to NOT teaching next year.
  So then tonight I was playing with Lily on our bed.  She was being silly and suddenly started singing "E-I-E-O" which is how she sings "Old Macdonald."  So then Erik and Daniel come in to play with us and Lily goes to get two of her babies.  She is talking to them in her high pitched, squeaky voice.  She gives one of them to me and I start pretending it's crying.  Daniel and I tell her "Lily, your baby's crying.  Can you make her stop?"  I thought she would give it a kiss or a hug or something nice.  Oh no!  She takes her hand and starts smacking it on the head about 4 times and laughs.  Daniel and I tried to explain, through our hidden laughter, that hitting wasn't nice and she should be soft.  She just looked at us and laughed some more.  She's not the best mother sometimes, but she sure is cute!
  Soon, when I actually have some spare time, I'll figure out how to get pictures on  here.  I've tried it a few times, but it never works.  Oh well....you all know what my kids look like.  No big hurry!

2 comments:

Mick and Tiff said...

Lily sure is a cute mom even if she is not the most gentle... ha ha!!

Jamie said...

Oh the memories of being in 6th grade.... I feel like I should call Mrs. Travis and apologize for all the rotten things we did :) At least you can come home to cute Lili and Erik.