Monday, January 7, 2013

A Few More....

 Here are a few more pictures of the house. My amazing parents ripped out the yucky wood floors in the "dining" area and we enlarged the space so our table will actually fit. We replaced it with a vinyl floor. Can I just say how excited I am to not have our table on carpet! That has got to be the dumbest idea ever...well, except for maybe carpet in bathrooms.

Our house

New dining room floor, which we love!


Hall bath (used to be lime green) is now gray, as is the master bath. So much better!

 Mom and Dad left this morning, but they put in TONS of hours on the house, and did all the hard stuff for us: taking off baseboards and lowering them since we have a new floor, cutting baseboards so they actually fit around the rounded wall corners, putting in the transition pieces between the different floors, some electrical work, strengthening the banister and LOTS of painting.
 This morning we went over for a few hours and I cleaned and organized the basement play rooms, cleaned the kitchen cabinets inside and out (with help from my friend Cindy) and we cleaned up all the trash lying around upstairs. Tomorrow we will finish cleaning blinds and windows, scrub the last few interior doors and KILZ the family room subfloor. Wednesday we will prep floors for carpet, add light bulbs, fix the water line to the fridge, and do one more clean-up of counters in the kitchen and bathrooms. Thursday is carpet (YAY!!) and our stove will be delivered. Friday will be a quick vacuum and moving in some of the stuff in the garage. Then Saturday is the big moving day. That gives us all next week to finish moving all the random stragglers and clean the apartment. Then we will FINALLY be done living between two places and all the back and forth. I am so excited to be over there for good. I think the kids are too.
 Erik and Lily start at their new school tomorrow and I'm hoping Drew will start by next week. I'm also hoping my doctor doesn't decide to induce this baby early....there's just too much going on right now. We attended our new ward yesterday and they have a big primary! I wanted a great primary for my kids, so I was excited to see all the young families and kids. We are so excited for this next phase in our lives.
 After carpet goes in I will do one more post of the pictures showing the before and after transformations of each room. I can't wait!