Thursday, January 10, 2013

After....90% Finished!!

Even though I put these pictures on facebook I thought I would blog about them as well. We had new carpet put in this morning, the walls are painted and the kitchen has all appliances. Blinds and windows are all cleaned and installed. The basement is set up as the play area and the garage has been cleaned out. We will take over a few loads of boxes, bed frames and most of the toys tomorrow, as well as the kids' clothes. We will sleep on mattresses on the floor tomorrow night, but it will make things easier when we move Saturday. At least we know beds will be ready for Saturday night. :) Tomorrow we will also clean floors and counters one more time before we move in as well.
 I tried to take after pictures that were close to the same angles/views as our before shots. Today's pictures are a bit lower because I was trying to get the new carpet in the pictures too. It's been a VERY long process start to finish, and a LOT of hard work, but now we have a beautiful home that we knew was supposed to be ours. Many people have said it's like a completely different house, which is a very good thing in our case! We are all excited and ready to be living in the house full time and to be done with all the back and forth we've been doing for the past three weeks. That has been exhausting on all of us. Only a few more days and it will really feel like our home.

(Sorry the colors are a bit off of their true appearance. It was getting cloudy and a bit dark outside, and the blinds were closed. I used a flash, but I will try to get better pictures when the light is nice and bright.)

Living room




Family room





Kitchen/dining room

We were able to obtain a brand new stove (thanks mom and dad) so we got a black one because eventually we want all black appliances. We will just slowly buy new ones as we can afford them. I can live with mismatched stuff for now!



Stairs (the carpet is gray, not purple, even though it looks like it in this picture)



Upstairs hallway



Alex's room (green room)


Lily's room (no more weird clouds around the top!)



I always dreamed of doing Lily's room with the main colors of purple, pink and green. I also have always said I wanted to do flowers on the walls in these colors. Home Depot made it easy when I found these peel and stick flower decals! They were the perfect colors and much easier to do than if I would have had to paint flowers using a stencil. It was a win-win!! We both love how it turned out!




Hall bath


Master bedroom (notice the dark clouds around the ceiling are all gone!)



Boys' room (formerly yellow with John Deere tractors around the top, which are now gone!)



Basement (play room)




Everything turned out awesome!! We are so excited to start living there and we couldn't be happier with how everything looks. I'm glad we listened to our hearts, and the Holy Ghost, and didn't give up on this house. When we first put our offer on it back in April I knew it was perfect and it was MY house! I lost hope and faith a few times, but I always came back to the knowledge that it was the house for our family. I even saw us in the house before we got on Wells Fargo's roller coaster in May. :) Now it really is our home and we love it! Come visit ANY time!! We would love to have you.

3 comments:

Cortney Clegg said...

Looks amazing! So happy for you guys & your beautiful new home!

The Walker's said...

It looks so good! And I bet you are so happy to have more space, especially with baby #5 coming soon. Look forward to seeing it when we're down in Colorado again this summer :)

Unknown said...

wow, you have great parents! it looks like a new house, enjoy!