Well, once again I decided to be brave and take the kids to the Denver Children's Museum on a free night....by MYSELF!!! We got there just after 4 and stayed for about an hour. We talked about the rules before going inside with the masses: no running away from mom, do not leave a room without mom, stay where mom can see you, and help mom with Drew. Erik and Lily did an AWESOME job! They followed ALL the rules. This was the first time Drew has actually been able to play and he loved it too! By the time we left, it was super crowded. We decided to play at the little park just outside the museum for about 20 minutes too. I am so proud of my kids. They are such good helpers and are doing a better job of listening when we're in public places. Lily still has trouble at the store, but I'm just glad she had a good day.
Playing in the "garden"
Waiting in line in the market. This room is always one of the most crowded!
Drew found a cart and Lily was cooking in the cafe. I don't have many pictures of Drew's face because he never stopped moving!
In the bird nest in the backyard experience.
Playing at the park.
Erik's kindergarten is going to the children's museum for a field trip in April. The cool thing is that each child is getting a FREE one year family membership!!!!! One of the benefits of going to a "Title I" school. I can't wait to be able to go to the museum during the day and not have to fight huge crowds! They're also redoing one of the exhibits. It's going to be a bubble exhibit and will be open this summer. I can't wait. Many good times will be had with this museum membership!
3 comments:
Looks like they had fun! That is great that they are doing better with listening at big public places, it makes it easier to want to take them to go do things like that.
Looks like fun! We will have to go there when we come and visit ;)
We do need to go there this summer. It will be fun to spend more time there, with less crowds.
Post a Comment