This year we went to Utah for Thanksgiving since my family and Daniel's family were there. We stayed with Janet for a week, but were able to spend a few days with my family, which was nice. Here's a quick rundown of some of our activities.
Monday: Went down to Provo to see my family. Took the kids to lunch at McDonald's so they could play on the toys. It was a bit chilly to play outside.
Tuesday: Went to Kangaroo with Jennifer, Stanton and my family. Erik, Lily, Stanton, Corbin, Malea and Nathan all had fun. Drew had fun going down some of the slides with Jennifer. He just wanted to crawl around.
Wednesday: Hung around the house, then fed the ducks and looked at the animals at Wheeler Farm. It was soooo cold! Drew wasn't too fond of the ducks. He liked them from a distance.
Thursday: Ate yummy food with the Astle clan. All the food was fantastic! It was great seeing so much family as well.
Friday: Got up WAAAAY too early to go to the stores for some Black Friday deals. I normally do NOT do this sort of thing, but I decided to go with Jennifer and Heather to Walmart, Target and Old Navy. Well, to be honest, I went to Walmart but waited in the car at the other stores. Got home about 6:45am, just in time for the kids to get up. Got everything I wanted!! Friday evening the kids and I went down to my aunt and uncle's house in Mapleton for the Asay family, after Thanksgiving leftover party. Erik and Lily had fun playing with the other kids and I had a great time visiting with family.
Saturday: Ate cheese pull-aparts from The Pie. This is something we do every time we visit Salt Lake. Nobody beats The Pie!!
Sunday: Drove home, stopping a few times to make the car ride more enjoyable. Drew slept a little, but Erik and Lily stayed awake all the way until we got into Colorado. Of course.... they slept just long enough at the END of the trip to not go to bed for a few hours after we got home. Geez! They did great in the car though.
We had a great time! We miss you guys and can't wait until our next visit. Of course, you're always welcome to visit us in Colorado as well!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It was great to see you guys, even if just for a couple of days. It sounds like you had a good trip! Thanks again for the coat, I washed it and it looks like new. Glad you made it home safe and sound.:)
Post a Comment