Thursday, December 24, 2009

December Happenings

A quick update on our December activities.

- GeoEye Christmas Party at Wings Over the Rockies Museum. Wonderful food and fun games (it was a casino theme). We watched a lot because I do NOT understand the gambling part of craps, poker or roulette. We waited for a blackjack table to open up so that I didn't have to play with "pros." We ended up at a table with grandma dealer. She was great to explain things to me. I know how to play, I've just never had to bet. It was fun because she would cheat for us..."No, you don't want to hit," or "You don't want that card, or that one, or that one. Oh look! You win again!" She was awesome. Thanks to Scott and Debbie for watching the kids for us.

- Broomfield 1st ward Christmas party. Yummy soups, breads, salads and desserts. Plus, a visit from Santa. This was the first year any of our kids have sat with Santa. I don't like the mall, especially at Christmas. I hate waiting in long lines, plus I never wanted to pay for those mall Santa photos. I'm not one of those "mean mommies" that makes their kids sit with Santa whether they like it or not. :) Erik and Lily did ok, but Drew wanted nothing to do with him. He looked concerned for about a minute, then I took him before he got too upset. Fun evening filled with service.

- Village Square Apartment Christmas party. Always a fun time visiting and eating good food. The managers are great because they always buy presents for the kids as well. This year each kid got two presents. We were one of the last to leave, so we ended up with about 5 extra presents, not to mention Parmesan Spinach artichoke dip plus some yummy wraps. The kids had a great time and I enjoyed meeting new neighbors and visiting with "old" ones.



He loves these big dump trucks. He pushes them all over the house. I think these really helped him start walking on his own. Too cute!

- Drew's 15 month check-up. He's doing well... he just has a big head. :) His height and weight dropped to about the 25th or 30th percentile, which is normal for my kids. However, his head was up around the 90th percentile. :) He looks proportional though, he's eating well and he's developing well so they weren't worried. Drew started walking last week (a week ago today actually) and is doing well. He still crawls about 50% of the time, but he went from only walking a step or two, which he could do for about a month, to walking halfway across the room quickly. Last Thursday he not only started walking more than a few steps, but he was walking across the room, stopping to pick something up and turning around to come back. (Video to come soon.) Such a talented kid. He still doesn't talk though. FYI: Drew did NOT like the doctor. He would cry if she even looked at him. She was great though.


Silly boy!


He's just too funny.

We're doing well and enjoying the Christmas season. The kids are excited, but haven't been bugging us to open presents. In fact, none of them really even messed with the presents, and they've been out for almost a week. They'll be excited tomorrow when we tell them they actually get to open the presents....finally. May you all have a Merry Christmas and remember our Savior's love at this wonderful time of year.

No comments: