I've always had a tough time shopping for Daniel, I don't know why. Trying to buy him a birthday present yesterday just reinforced that feeling.
Last night the kids and I went to the mall to find a birthday present for Daniel. I've ordered two presents online, but they won't get here until next week. So, we decided to find another present to give him on his actual birthday. I decided to look for a Detroit Red Wings hat, because he loves them and doesn't have a hat with their logo. We go to the first store and out of all the hats lining the walls I see two columns of NHL hats. After looking closer, they are ALL Avalanche hats, except for one. One Red Wings cap, which looked like that faded red/pink color. Ummm, no. So, we go to the next store, Fanzz. Once again, I find about 2 columns of NHL hats, which are all Avalance, except for one. This Red Wings hat was white and much nicer.
I asked the guy working, "What Red Wings stuff do you have?"
His reply, "That hat, a jersey and a t-shirt."
ME: (sigh) "OK."
OK, so I understand that we are living in Denver, home of the Broncos, Nuggets, Rockies and Avalanche. But really....ONE hockey hat that isn't Avalanche. Really!!?? You don't see only one hat that isn't Rockies, or only one hat that isn't Broncos, and they have a huge variety of college hats. So, why only ONE choice for non-Avalance NHL teams? I guess the NHL just isn't as big a draw as baseball, football or college. I just thought it was funny, and somewhat frustrating, that there really is not a selection of NHL gear at sports shops.
The rest of my conversation with the sales guy...."You're in the wrong place for Detroit stuff."
ME: "Yeah, I know. My husband's favorite teams are the Raiders, Jazz and Red Wings. We're in the wrong place for all those teams."
Sales guy: (groans as I mention Raiders) "It must be hard for you to find any place to watch your games. You'd be wearing the wrong gear no matter where you went. The Jazz aren't too bad."
ME: "Yeah, I know. Oh well." (with 3 kids we don't get to go anywhere, except our living room, to watch any games so it doesn't really matter anyway.)
Erik suggested that we get him a Broncos hat. I told Erik I didn't think that would go over so well. Not a great idea. Then he wanted to get him a baseball team hat. Daniel HATES baseball, so I didn't think that was such a great idea either.
I just think it's funny that we ended up in Denver, home of the one team he really HATES: Broncos! He did tell me he might go to one Broncos game, when they play the Raiders. Hahaha....I'm sure he'd be really popular there.
At least we found a hat for Daniel, which he likes. Now, Erik just needs to give his present to Daniel: a trip to the movies! :)
Erik: "Dad, for your birthday we can go to the movies and see Wolverine."
Daniel: "So, your present to me is letting me take you to the movies on my birthday?"
Erik: "Yeah!"
What a funny boy!
I asked the guy working, "What Red Wings stuff do you have?"
His reply, "That hat, a jersey and a t-shirt."
ME: (sigh) "OK."
OK, so I understand that we are living in Denver, home of the Broncos, Nuggets, Rockies and Avalanche. But really....ONE hockey hat that isn't Avalanche. Really!!?? You don't see only one hat that isn't Rockies, or only one hat that isn't Broncos, and they have a huge variety of college hats. So, why only ONE choice for non-Avalance NHL teams? I guess the NHL just isn't as big a draw as baseball, football or college. I just thought it was funny, and somewhat frustrating, that there really is not a selection of NHL gear at sports shops.
The rest of my conversation with the sales guy...."You're in the wrong place for Detroit stuff."
ME: "Yeah, I know. My husband's favorite teams are the Raiders, Jazz and Red Wings. We're in the wrong place for all those teams."
Sales guy: (groans as I mention Raiders) "It must be hard for you to find any place to watch your games. You'd be wearing the wrong gear no matter where you went. The Jazz aren't too bad."
ME: "Yeah, I know. Oh well." (with 3 kids we don't get to go anywhere, except our living room, to watch any games so it doesn't really matter anyway.)
Erik suggested that we get him a Broncos hat. I told Erik I didn't think that would go over so well. Not a great idea. Then he wanted to get him a baseball team hat. Daniel HATES baseball, so I didn't think that was such a great idea either.
I just think it's funny that we ended up in Denver, home of the one team he really HATES: Broncos! He did tell me he might go to one Broncos game, when they play the Raiders. Hahaha....I'm sure he'd be really popular there.
At least we found a hat for Daniel, which he likes. Now, Erik just needs to give his present to Daniel: a trip to the movies! :)
Erik: "Dad, for your birthday we can go to the movies and see Wolverine."
Daniel: "So, your present to me is letting me take you to the movies on my birthday?"
Erik: "Yeah!"
What a funny boy!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DANIEL!






1 comment:
That's funny... glad you found something. I am slow, so sounds like he'll get a lot of presents next week :)
Post a Comment