Saturday, May 2, 2009

Date Night


Daniel and I went out tonight to celebrate our anniversary. My aunt and uncle came down to watch the kids, so Daniel and I went to dinner and a movie. Daniel convinced me to try something new, so we went to The Happy Sumo for sushi. Now, I've never had sushi before, so I was a bit nervous. We had the Sumo Sampler as an appetizer: potstickers, crab cakes, tempura prawns and tempura peppers. It was great! Then I had the Grasshopper Platter, which consisted of a mini California roll, mini Vegas roll and freshwater eel. The California roll was ok, but the Vegas roll was fabulous! It had salmon, crab, avocado and cream cheese and it was then dipped in tempura. I loved it! The eel wasn't too bad either, but it wasn't my favorite. I can't wait to go again and try another kind of shushi. Maybe one day I'll even try the sashimi, but I think I'll work my way up to that. Then, for dessert, we had Mount Fuji, which was chocolate cake with chocolate sauce and vanilla ice cream. Very good!


Vegas Roll at The Happy Sumo

After dinner we went to the movie and saw X-Men Origins: Wolverine. Daniel saw this yesterday with Erik, but was nice enough to go again since I wanted to see it. Loved it! Hugh Jackman and Liev Schreiber both looked good! I recommend this movie to everyone!





We had a great time. This was only the second time we've gone out since Drew was born. It was nice to be able to enjoy dinner without worrying about kids fighting, making sure everyone eats all their food and keeping kids in their seats. We need to have date nights more often!

3 comments:

Dawn said...

So fun! We never go out on date nights either! But, we want to see x-men so we might take the baby with us! I am glad you tried the sushi! Not bad huh?

MAstle said...

Congratulations on your anniversary! I love eel. When the office used to go to lunch together in Tokyo, we often went to a restaurant that served a whole meal of eel on a bed of rice. Yum.

Jennifer said...

well... if you move back to Utah then I could watch your kids and you could have date night... huh? huh? I think so.
I want to see Wolverine. I love Hugh Jackman. too bad he's married so I guess I can't date him :(