Friday, May 8, 2009

Daniel's Birthday

Last Friday was Daniel's birthday. He took the day off work and we just spent the day together as a family. We went to eat at Brother's BBQ, which Daniel loves. The food is really good; Erik and Lily will eat everything when we go there! Then, we went to the store so he could spend his birthday money. Bet you can't guess what he bought!? A video game! I know, you're all shocked! :) Then, we came home and ate Red Velvet cake and vanilla ice cream. Then, we put the kids to bed. Birthdays just aren't too exciting when you got older. It was a nice day.


Red Velvet birthday cake. I've never had it before, but it was yummy!
(No, there aren't 32 candles on this cake. I didn't have that many!)


Blowing out the candles. Notice his hat....it's the one Red Wings cap we could find. He loved it!
(His other presents came this past week: cologne and a duffel bag he wanted)

Happy Birthday, Daniel!

3 comments:

The Walker's said...

Mmmmm! Looks good! Hope Dan had a great birthday!

Heather said...

I love Red Velvet cake. That is what I made my mom for her birthday this year. Jason's family always ate it for birthdays so that is where I was introduced to it before. It looks like it was a great birthday!

MAstle said...

Happy Birthday!