Wednesday, May 20, 2009
Swimming Again
The kids and I decided to go swimming again today. It was a bit more windy today than yesterday, but the water still felt great. Once again, Erik had a great time swimming around and jumping in all by himself. He loves the life jacket, and so do I. Lily did better with the life jacket today and actually allowed me to let go of her without freaking out. Today we also took Drew because Daniel had to go to work early. This was Drew's first time swimming. He loves the bath, so I figured he'd love the pool too. At first, he cried a little. I think because the water wasn't quite as warm as the bath and because he wasn't sure what we were doing. After a few minutes though, he was fine. He was squealing, laughing and splashing just like the other two. I kept him in the water as much as possible due to the wind. I didn't try putting him underwater this time. We'll wait for warmer weather without wind. It's nice to know we have another water monster in our family. I grew up with a pool and a boat and love the water. Now, if we could just get Daniel to go with us more often. This is going to be a great summer. I just hope none of these super-white fair-skinned children of mine get sunburned. We lather up with 50 spf sunscreen, so we'll keep our fingers crossed. Since I took the kids alone I don't have any pictures of Drew or the other kids in the pool. We'll get some next time Daniel goes with us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sometimes I miss the pool but not often. Glad the kids are enjoying it.
Can't wait to see pictures when you are able to take some! You are amazing to be able to handle all 3 by yourself!
Post a Comment