As usual, Drew is having a great time and enjoying the outdoors! I have tried letting him go down the slide with Erik. He cried the first time, but the other time he had no emotion. Soon he'll be a maniac just like the other two.
This is Lily's favorite park activity. She LOVES the swings! She would play on these all day if I could stand there and push her that long. In fact, not long after we got to this park I sat on a bench to feed Drew. Lily ran straight to the swings, but I told her I had to feed Drew and I would push her when he was done eating. She cried and kept pushing the empty swing and calling my name. She finally went over to play on the slide with Erik. While I was feeding Drew another family came to play. Well, after a few minutes the grandma put the little baby (about 10 months or so) in the one "baby swing" that Lily had wanted in. When she noticed he was in the swing, she ran over there crying and screaming "No! I want to swing!" Now, since I was still feeding Drew I couldn't go over there and get her right away. I kept explaining that the swing wasn't hers and it was ok for the little boy to use it. I tried to tell her we would use it when he was done. She melted...it was the end of the world. (She hadn't had a nap and was extremely tired, which didn't help the situation) After a few minutes the other kids left and Lily went over and just stood by the swing until I was able to come over and push her. What a crazy girl. How do you explain to a tired 2 year old that she doesn't own the swings?
Here is Erik climbing the spider web. He's a great climber! Lily had been climbing this earlier so I told her to do it again so I could get her picture with Erik. Well, of course, the one time I want to take a picture she falls off and lands on her back. She wasn't hurt, but she cried and cried. I had to keep asking myself if we were having fun yet. Geez. Well, we brushed her off and she was ok.
This was a pretty cool playground. The slide Erik is on is one of the steepest slides I have ever seen at a park. In fact, he wouldn't go down it the first time until I stood at the bottom. He was scared he was going to fall off at the bottom. After the first time I told him to use his feet to slow down and he was ok going alone. Lily went down the slide too. She did ok, except for one time. One time she had taken her shoes off so when she went down she couldn't use her shoes on the sides to slow down. She fell off the bottom and landed on her knees. Well, once again she began crying like it was the end of the world. She wasn't hurt, just tired. The only reason I didn't take them home so she could take a nap is because we only had 2 hours until we had to come back and pick up Daniel. The drive up to our house from here would have been about 30 minutes, so she wouldn't have had time to take a good nap anyway. I thought she would fall asleep in the car, but she never did. Needless to say, I was really looking forward to trick or treating that night...NOT!

Here is Optimus Prime, Elmo, and me getting ready to go trick or treating. We left about 6:30 and just went around the block. We were gone about 45 minutes or so. It's nice when their still little enough that they don't want to be gone too long. Erik could have gone a bit longer, but Lily went home before we finished the block. Everyone thought her costume was so cute. Notice that Drew is not in this picture. Earlier, we had put on his little ghost onesie, which was his costume for the night as well. Since we spent the day going to the park and Wal-Mart, he never really got a good afternoon/evening nap. As we were getting the kids ready, he exploded and ruined his onesie. We didn't even get a picture of our little ghost. :( Well, then he was acting really tired so my aunt told me we could leave him home while we took Erik and Lily. She walked outside with us while we went to the neighbor's house. By the time she went back inside less than 5 minutes later he was already asleep. Poor baby missed all the Halloween fun. I guess there's always next year. At least then he'll be able to enjoy it a little more than this year.
Her Elmo hood didn't stay on too long after we left the house. She kept telling me she didn't need a hood because it wasn't cold out. I think it was kind of heavy as well.
Notice Lily is not carrying a candy bag here. She told me it was too heavy after about 10 houses and it began to drag on the ground. I carried it between houses for her and just gave it to her as she headed up each driveway. After awhile I ended up carrying Erik's bag between houses too. They are so funny! They had fun trick or treating and I'm glad we were able to have a nice night for it too. When we got home, they took off their costumes and helped pass out candy to the trick or treaters who came to our house. They had just as much fun doing that as they did going trick or treating!
They haven't even eaten too much candy. They only eat a few pieces a day. I have been really good too and have only raided their candy stash twice! Yay me!
They haven't even eaten too much candy. They only eat a few pieces a day. I have been really good too and have only raided their candy stash twice! Yay me!
2 comments:
I'm glad you had a good time trick-or-treating. We missed you guys here. It was so nice and warm I loved it.
If you have to carry the bags you get half the candy. I'm pretty sure that's the rule.
Post a Comment