
Don't you just want to kiss those cheeks! I do!

Last weekend we decided to make Halloween decorations and decorate pumpkins. While Erik and Lily were coloring the decorations shown below, Drew was happy as can be in the bouncy chair. This belongs to my aunt and uncle, but Drew LOVES it! He loves the turtle and his feet will start kicking like crazy when the music is going. He is very content to sit here and participate in family activities with us. We may have to borrow this chair when we move, at least for a few months.



This is Lily's pumpkin. I drew a face on her pumpkin so she could paint it, but she ended up painting lots of colors over the face. You can see the outline of the mouth down under the yellow paint. We decided Lily is still a bit young for this. I tried to help her rinse off her brush between each color, but when Daniel was left in charge of the painting, she would dip the brush in the water, then dip it in two or three different colors at once. Her masterpiece ended up having many drip marks, but it still turned out cute. She painted the back side pink and told me it was hair. She's a funny girl. Good job, Lily!

Here is Erik's final product. His face was very visible from the street. He told me he painted the face black because it was his mask. The back of the pumpkin was painted mostly red, white, and blue because the pumpkin was Optimus Prime. He did a fantastic job! Way to go, Erik!

The artists at work. What concentration!

Hmmm...what color should I choose?

Look at me mom! This is fun!
We put the pumpkins out on the front porch after this. They were so proud of them and would point them out to us everytime we came home. Maybe next year we'll actually let them carve the pumpkins. They did help me pull the guts out of my pumpkin. They weren't too sure about touching the insides at first. But after a few times they thought it was fun, especially Lily.
1 comment:
The pumpkins are great. Lily's might by a masterpiece. I think I saw a painting just like that in the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York.
Post a Comment