Sunday, November 2, 2008

New Ward

This morning we decided to drive down to Broomfield to attend our new ward. As many of you know, we tried to do this two weeks ago and our car died on the way. Well, now that we know for sure that we got the apartment, we decided to try again. We had to leave the house by 8:30 in order to get there on time for 9:00 Sacrament meeting. When we went out to the car, we saw several hot air balloons over the neighborhood. We saw some balloons last week as well. The kids think this is neat. I would love to be able to show them some up close.






Here is Lily wearing her new dress from Grandma Dub. It came in the mail a few days ago and she couldn't wait to wear it. It came with an identical dress for a baby doll as well. Her pink baby wore the dress the day it came. She would walk around the house with her baby and make it dance. It was so cute. She was so pretty today!



Erik enjoying the balloons over the neighborhood. We left right after this. We made it to church as they were singing the opening hymn. We didn't have any car trouble this time! Yay! We met a lot of people today. This is probably the most friendly ward we have been in since we've been married. In fact, I met so many people that I'm sure I won't remember any names when we go back in two weeks. (Next week is stake conference.) I was worried that Erik and Lily wouldn't go to their classes without us, but Lily walked right in to nursery and started playing. Erik was a bit more shy in primary, but everyone was really nice, so he didn't have a problem after a minute either. The primary was excited when I told them we were new in the ward. They've had a few new kids move in lately. The primary is pretty small, so they love to get new kids. Our ward is a good mix of ages, and there seem to be a lot of youth. Maybe now we'll actually be able to find some young women to babysit once in awhile. We've never been in a ward with many young women, so we've never been able to use them as babysitters.
Now that I've met some people in the ward I'm really excited about moving into our apartment. It will be nice to meet some families with kids the same ages as Erik and Lily so that they can have some kids to play with again. I think they've been kind of bored only being able to play with adults. It seems like we picked a good place to live. Yay us! :)

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Glad you made it to your ward. It's always nice to find you have a good ward you enjoy. Lily is cute in her dress. It looks like you guys are finding all the parks in the area, that's fun for the kids. Hopefully one day we can come out and visit.

MAstle said...

I'm glad you got into a good ward. It's funny how some are friendly and some are not so much. It's like Amy's bishop told us, "The church is the same everywhere, but some places it's a little different." (Especially Arkansas. Does Amy read these? Sorry. Just kidding. But your bishop wasn't kidding.)