Tuesday, January 5, 2010
What's Missing?
Thursday night, New Year's Eve, Erik complained that his mouth hurt. When I looked at it that night I noticed his bottom front tooth was loose. All the next day he would ask me "Is it still there?" It was, although it was getting much looser. At bedtime Friday night I told him it would probably fall out the next day. Saturday morning, about 5:55, I wake up to Erik standing next to my bed. "It's gone!" Huh??? I had NO idea what he was talking about.... I mean, come on, it wasn't even 6 am yet! He said, "My tooth isn't there." When I asked where it was his reply was "Down here," and he pointed down by his chin. I took him into the bathroom, switched on the light and found his tooth between his lip and lower jaw. He was pretty happy.
That night, he put the tooth in a little bear my mom made for me when I was younger. It has a little heart pocket to put teeth in for the tooth fairy. She will then leave the money in the little pocket. The tooth fairy left $.50 for Erik. He was pretty excited. Lily has already informed me that they can share that bear when she starts losing her teeth. She's so funny. Such a smart girl... already planning ahead.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment