Erik took this picture. Not too shabby!
Just a quick update on happenings in the Dangerfield house.
- Lily's bangs finally grew out to her chin and we took her to get a hair cut Saturday. Now her hair is shoulder length and looks much better. Now it won't be so bad if she won't let me do her hair, nor will it get quite so tangly after a wild sleep night. She sure is cute!
I love her hair, and so does she. It takes much less work now... I love it!
Two cute, but crazy, kids.
- Drew is an expert walker now, however he still isn't talking. He understands most of what we say though. He will be 18 months February 22 and will go to nursery. Daniel and I will actually be able to go to our classes again as well, instead of roaming the halls. The past two weeks we have taken Drew in for the first hour of nursery, which is play time. We're hoping that if we do this for the next few weeks his transition will be easier. He seems so much smaller than the other kids. There are only 3 other kids in there, but they are all 2 1/2. Other than Drew, there is only one other boy coming into nursery this year, and that's not until August. So, at the end of this year, the three older kids will go into Sunbeams, leaving Drew and William the only two in nursery. Wow! (Hard to believe that our ward used to have 180 primary kids... now there's only about 30.)
He loves sitting on Erik and Lily's tv trays. They're the perfect height for a Drew chair.
My friend brought this back the other day. She's been using it for a few months. This was the first thing Drew did. Crazy kid.
- Erik and Lily are both enjoying school and learning so many new things. Lily is doing much better with her letters and numbers. Erik is really starting to sound out words when reading and writing. He comes up with some interesting spellings sometimes, but his teacher is happy with his progress. He gets most beginning and ending sounds, and will get the correct middle sounds with a lot of "stretching" help from me. Stupid English language and too many ways to spell vowel sounds. No wonder kids, and people, have such a hard time spelling correctly.... too many choices.
- I'm still working, although not as often as I was in December. All of my jobs have been up at the Kohl preschool classes still. That's ok though, because I enjoy working there, I know the students, teachers and routines. I also know a lot of the parents as well. Makes subbing a much more enjoyable experience. :)
- The kids are still as wild and crazy as ever, if not more so. They have a ton of energy and I can't wait for spring when we will be able to be outside more often than we have been lately. The weather will be beautiful and Drew will be even better at walking, so I won't have to keep him trapped in the stroller while we're playing. I'm looking forward to teaching Erik to ride his bike without training wheels. He's also been asking me to teach him how to tie his shoes. I'm happily taking suggestions on ways to teach these two skills to a smart, but sometimes impatient, 6 year old. Drew loves to play with Erik and Lily and even tries to run through the house with them. Sometimes they're good about including him, other times... not so much. They love him and do a good job most of the time. Drew loves to do whatever they are doing and is always right in the middle of the action.
No, Drew!
Ok, we'll share with you. Of course, then Drew tries to take it from them. We'll work on that soon.
The kids brought in their camp chairs one day. Of course, Drew had to try them out too. He can get on without any trouble. Getting off wasn't so easy at first, especially when the chairs tip forward in the process.
5 comments:
Lily's hair is very cute!
Cute cut! I wish my girls would let me cut their hair! It is so hard when it is soooooo long ):
Lily's hair is the cutest! And I CANNOT believe how big Drew has gotten...the last time I saw him was over a year ago!
I forgot, when are you moving back here?
We don't know where we'll end up eventually. :) Although, we like Colorado and it's not too far of a drive from Utah. I don't know how many geospatial analyst jobs are available in Utah. :)
Post a Comment