Monday, April 20, 2009

A Few of Our Favorite Things

Just thought I'd post some of the kids' favorite toys/activities. We have been playing with these quite a bit lately since the weather was kind of gross. We got about 10 inches of snow Friday, but it started melting the next day. It snowed all day Friday, at times heavily with huge flakes. Saturday was raining, but I took the kids out to play in the very wet snow anyway. Sunday was sunny and the snow was melting quickly. Today it's in the 60s and tomorrow is supposed to be around 70. I'm glad we were able to get moisture, but I'm even happier that it will be gone quickly. Anyway, we've been spending a lot of time indoors, so here are some of the things we've been doing:


Drew got these Eric Carle stacking blocks for Christmas. He loves them. He really likes knocking them over because it makes us all laugh. He also likes to bang them together.


Erik loves playing games. We got Phase 10 for Kids when we were in Washington. He is very good at the game and likes to play it often. This makes Daniel and I happy because one of our favorite games to play with Jeff and Erin is Phase 10. Daniel already talks about teaching Erik to "play" (aka cheat) Phase 10. We also play a lot of Harry Potter UNO and Memory games.


These are Lily's princesses. L to R: Ariel, Snow White, Cinderella, Belle and Aurora (Sleeping Beauty). She will play with these numerous times throughout the day. She loves changing the clothes, but she can't always get the dresses on, so Daniel and I end up "playing" a lot too. It's funny because a lot of the princess have the same high-pitched squeaky voice. :)


Drew just loves to be crazy and have attention. He loved "helping" me get the clothes out of the dryer.


No comments: