The "sticky" paint

Erik's handsome haircut. Thanks Teresa.

I love Lily's haircut. Now, if I can just keep from cutting her bangs.....I'm trying to let them grow out, but it's getting difficult. Her hair is so cute and so easy to do now!
Erik's handsome haircut. Thanks Teresa.
I love Lily's haircut. Now, if I can just keep from cutting her bangs.....I'm trying to let them grow out, but it's getting difficult. Her hair is so cute and so easy to do now!
They painted the paper after all the eggs were done.
Some of the finished eggs.
Drew's hair is crazy. He still has the long, wispy baby hair on top, but his "new" hair is coming in underneath. It's short so it sticks up and out in the back. It looks like he rubbed a balloon on his head. He's so cute!
Drew had fun watching.
This year we decided to do something a bit different for Easter. We really wanted to stress the real meaning of Easter with Erik and Lily. A few weeks ago we asked Erik why we have Easter. His reply was "Because of the Easter Bunny." We thought we'd better teach him the real meaning behind the holiday, and not put emphasis on getting baskets filled with candy and presents. To do this, we decided that we would give the kids their simple Easter baskets on Saturday, and leave Sunday to focus on Christ and his Atonement. We had family home evening Saturday afternoon. It was Erik's turn to give the lesson, which was about Jesus Christ's resurrection. He gave a great lesson and both kids could even tell us what resurrected meant by the end! I then gave a small demonstration of how our spirits and bodies work, how they separate and how they are joined again after we are resurrected. I used a glove to represent our body and my hand was our spirit. They seemed to better understand the concept after this visual aid. Later that afternoon we gave them their Easter baskets, which consisted of very little candy. We are trying to limit their sugar intake a bit.
The Easter baskets
Erik's: Bulgy the Bus, a Super Hero puzzle, Star Wars coloring book, chocolate candy, money
Lily's: Snow White figurine, a SpongeBob puzzle, Tinkerbell coloring book, chocolate candy, money
They loved the toys even more than the candy, which is great!
Drew's basket: two sippy cups and money
He liked playing with the basket more than anything.
He had just woken up from his nap. Doesn't he look excited?!
Bulgy the bus (from Thomas and Friends)
Lily with her new Snow White toy. She got Cinderella, Belle, Ariel, and Aurora (Sleeping Beauty) for her last birthday. Everytime she sees Snow White, she points and says "I don't have Snow White." She was pretty excited when she saw this princess.
What the heck is going on??
Sunday morning was gray and rainy, but we didn't get any snow. Lily had been sick the whole week with a cold. In fact, she had croup on Monday. Luckily, that only lasted for a day and so far no one else has gotten it. I was worried about Drew coming down with it, but he seems to be ok. Friday and Saturday Drew was acting a bit under the weather, and he developed some sort of rash Saturday evening. The rash is gone now, thank goodness. Anyway, due to the sickness in our house, Daniel, Drew and Lily only went to Sacrament meeting. I had to stay because I am now in the nursery. So Erik and I stayed for the entire block. I was talking to Erik before he went to Primary, which he has to do independently now, and asked him why we celebrate Easter. He said, "because Jesus was resurrected." He could still tell me what that meant too. I was surprised, but happy. It was a very nice church meeting. I always enjoy singing the Easter hymns during Sacrament.
After church we just enjoyed time together. We played with some of the kids' new toys and had a very relaxing time. We wanted to go the the park, but it was raining pretty hard all afternoon. We didn't get to take Easter pictures, but Lily had a cute pink and purple flowered dress. She looked so cute with her new haircut. (Thanks Teresa!) Erik wore his suit with a pale green shirt and looked very handsome. Drew didn't get a new Easter outfit. We'll wait until next year for that.
3 comments:
I will have to look for that paint kit next year. I don't like dyeing eggs either, but that looks like a lot of fun.
Great idea with the painting.
I LOVE Lily's haircut. It looks so cute. Her bangs are almost there as well.
I am glad you had a great Easter.
I teach 5 yr olds in Primary and I did the glove analogy and I think that was the only minute they listened and were quiet.....
I can't believe how big the kids have gotten! I LOVE Lily's new haircut - it makes her look so grown up! We are excited to see you guys for the family reunion, and maybe even before that. ;)
Post a Comment