Monday, February 23, 2009

My Princess Turns 3!

Saturday, February 21st Lily Amber Dangerfield turned 3 years old! I can't believe my little princess is getting so big! Here are a few pictures from her first few days.


Lily Amber Dangerfield
6 lbs 15 oz, 20.5 in
2:47 am
(She still has those same strong lungs!)




Is this a female clone of Erik? (The baby, not Daniel) :)


She was so small, but sooo cute! She's still just as cute 3 years later.


She spent her first week at home lying on a chair by the window. She had a slight case of jaundice, but it wasn't bad enough for her to be in an incubator. Lying in the sun like a cat worked just fine!

3 years later...
About a week ago we went to the store to find party decorations and she chose a Tinkerbell theme. This surprised me considering she's never even seen Peter Pan. I guess Tinkerbell is close enough to a princess, which is what Lily usually goes for. After the kids were in bed Friday night, I decorated the living/dining room so that Lily could start her birthday celebration as soon as she woke up Saturday morning.






The only problem with setting up the night before was the presents. We probably shouldn't have put them out because the first thing she wanted to do when she came out in the morning was open them. I can't blame her....the only problem was that her dad wasn't up at 7:00 like the rest of us. He stayed up late the night before. I held her off until about 8:30 or 9:00, but she kept asking, "Can I open my presents now?" She looked at me with the sweetest face and I just couldn't say no anymore. So we all went in and "helped" dad wake up.


Eating waffles for breakfast while watching cartoons, before Dad wakes up.


Drew is now sitting up on his own for longer periods of time. We still have to make sure we're close by because he still falls over suddenly. Not too often though. He's 6 months old now!


Drew can also roll over both ways. He's been able to roll stomach to back for awhile, but the last two weeks he's really started rolling back to stomach. He doesn't just roll over though; he actually lifts his shoulder off the ground and kicks his leg over. What a crazy kid!


Look at all those presents!


Cheese!




This was the favorite present! She would play with this everytime we went to the store. Daniel found it on clearance after Christmas and decided to buy it for her. It's the Imaginext Gorilla Mountain. Erik has the castle, which they always end up fighting over. We bought this so they would each have their own and there wouldn't be anymore fighting. Yeah right! Wishful thinking. Now they just fight over this. We're working on sharing and taking turns at our house.




Even Drew likes to play with it!


Since we opened presents so early, we waited until lunchtime to have Lily blow out her candles. I made an Oreo pudding pie. I didn't realize Lily wasn't a big Oreo fan. Guess we won't do that one again. Daniel and I liked it, but it wasn't a big hit with the kids. Next time we'll just go back to a traditional cake. We didn't buy a cake for Lily's party because it was just the 5 of us....well, 4 of us since Drew didn't eat any of it.


Since we didn't have anyone else here to help us celebrate, we decided to turn Lily's party into an all day event. After presents and cake, we were going out for a late lunch/early dinner. Lily decided to wear her new outfit from Grandma Janet. She even let me pull her hair up so it wasn't in her eyes!


Drew is dazed by the light on the camera.


When I asked Lily where she wanted to go eat I thought she would say McDonald's or something similar. I would have gone there happily if that's what she had chosen. However, luckily, she decided she wanted pizza. We went to CiCi's, which is an all you can eat pizza buffet. They also have pasta, salad, and dessert. The kids liked the food.


Erik and Lily ate a lot of breadsticks. Daniel got Erik these two pieces of pizza. I think one was cheese, and the other one looked like ham. Erik wouldn't eat them, so Daniel ate the one that he thought was ham. Turns out it was spicy ham...it had hot sauce on it. After a minute it even made Daniel's tongue tingle. Good thing Erik didn't eat that! He would NOT have been happy. In fact, he probably would have cried and we would have felt horrible! He ended up eating a piece of pepperoni pizza.


This is how Drew spent the end of lunch. He did pretty well sitting in the high chair most of the time. He was just too tired to make it all the way through.

Happy birthday Lily! I hope you had a fun birthday. I love you so much and am so glad you are part of our family!

2 comments:

MAstle said...

Happy Birthday, Lily!

grandma dub said...

happy birthday Lily - we sure miss you