Earlier this week Erik, Lily, and Drew got Valentine's Day cards from Grandma and Grandpa Dub. Inside the cards for Erik and Lily was a dollar. They were both so excited! We went to Wal-Mart to do some shopping and I let the kids bring their dollars so they could choose a toy or candy. Lily chose a bubble wand and Erik chose a Spiderman kite. I knew they wanted to buy their items, so I paid for the groceries. Then the cashier rang up the toys and Erik gave her his dollar, and I told Lily to give the cashier her dollar. She did so, but as soon as the cashier took her dollar, Lily looked at me and asked, "Where's my dollar?" I then explained to her that when you buy something you have to give them your money. I know she didn't really understand this difficult concept because as we walked out she kept looking behind her at the cashier like she was trying to figure out why that lady took her money. She was so cute.
Thanks for the cards and money Grandma and Grandpa!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
At least Lily didn't throw a fit like Emi would have. Whenever I tell Emi I don't have money to buy her candy (or whatever), she says "use your card, mom!" Boy they are corrupted at an early age.
we sure miss you guys
Post a Comment