Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Almost there....

  I finally made it to spring break!  A whole week away from school.  I've actually enjoyed staying home too.  I only had about a 2 day adjustment period, which is better than in  years past.  It's so nice to not be rushed in the mornings.  Next week we start testing and I only have 6 weeks left!  I think I can make it.
  Last week, on Tuesday, Daniel and I had our 9th anniversary.  Since it was a Tuesday, we decided to go to dinner at McGrath's Fish House.  We took Erik and Lily with us since we didn't have anyone to watch them.  They actually did really well, until the last 10 minutes.  Our waitress didn't bring the check for a little while, and by then the kids were done.  Overall they did really well though.  I can't believe we've been married 9 years.  It seems like it's gone by quickly.
  Last Friday, April 11, the sixth graders did a 12 mile hike from our school, up Hobble Creek Canyon a bit past the golf course, and back down to school.  They left at 9:00 and most got back around 2:00-2:20.  It was six miles one way.  Well, I knew there was NO way I was going to make it the full 12 miles.  I decided to stay at school in the morning with the 8 kids who showed up and couldn't go on the hike.  I drove up to the golf course at lunch, then hiked down.  It took me just over 2 hours because I had to stop and wait for kids who, believe it or not, were slower than I was.  I was proud of myself for making it.  The only trouble was on the way back we walked through some of the kids' neighborhoods and some went home.  That's ok if we know, but a few did it without telling anyone, so we thought they were lost.  Oh well, I'm pretty sure everyone was finally accounted for.  We have a 13 mile hike along the Provo River Trail up to Bridal Veil Falls in the middle of May.  I heard a lot of kids say they didn't want to do that one. I know I won't be able to do that one.  I guess I'll stay at school at start cleaning out my room. Easy day because the kids who can't go probably won't even show up that day.
  The next day, Saturday, I was a bit sore, but not too bad.  I had expected worse.  We were going stir crazy sitting at home so we decided to go play down at Little Sahara.  We played in the sand for about 2 hours and the kids had a blast!  So did Daniel!  They loved just being able to dig and roll around in the sand without having to worry about rocks.  Of course, it was a pain when we were done because the kids', and Daniel's, clothes were full of sand.  I think Lily was carrying around some in her diaper and shoes for later!  :)  I was trying to get the kids into clean clothes just standing by the car.  They were tired and didn't want to cooperate, so that made things difficult.  Overall it was a great family outing.  We decided to return in a few weeks to stay overnight.  At least then changing into new clothes might be a bit easier.  The only thing that would have made the trip more fun was if we had a four wheeler.  I couldn't believe how many people had their ATVs down there.  Most people seem to follow the rules and stay out of the fenced off play area.  The only exception to that was some stupid kid who looked like he was about 14.  One section of the fence had fallen down, but there are signs posted everywhere to keep out of that part with ATVs.  He decided to go in there and drive around, but he was looking around the whole time like, "Am I gonna get in trouble?"  What a moron.  As if the other tons of acres aren't big enough?!  Duh.  Oh well,  I guess there always has to be at least one idiot!  The kids are excited to go back.  There's a lot of places we want to visit once, or one last time, before we leave.  That only leaves us a few months.
  Tomorrow I hope to find out if we will be adding another Lily or Erik to our family.  The other two have been shy during the ultrasounds, so we've only gotten a quick peek.  It was enough for the nurse to tell us which type of child would be joining us.  Hopefully this one won't be shy.  I have decided to give away all the clothes we have from whichever sex of child we are NOT having.  I'm tired of hauling baby clothes all over!  With my luck though, they'll tell us it's a girl, we'll give away all our boy clothes, and we'll have a boy.  :)  I guess we'll just have to see tomorrow.
  I'm so ready to move.  Mostly just because some of our neighbors are really starting to bug me.  I figure I can be polite for a few more months.  I'm ready for a change of scenery.  Daniel had had his first interview, so hopefully more will soon follow.  That's about it for now. 

1 comment:

jamiea said...

You will have to post ASAP the results of ultrasound! I did a race down Hobble Creek Canyon last fall - one of my favorites. Very pretty canyon. Hurray - you're almost done with school!