Saturday, March 15, 2008

It's such a good feeling...

  This past week at school I finally did it.  I turned in my letter of resignation saying that I was quitting after this year!  I was really nervous about doing it, but once I had turned it in, I felt great!  I asked Daniel a few days before if I should turn in my letter and all he told me is "I'm not living here after this summer."  It was either quit, or live here by myself.   HMMMMM...let me think.  Now the pressure's on because after the end of August, we have no money or health insurance,  unless Daniel gets a job.  I guess that's motivation.  I'm hoping we have a job offer in the next few months.  I don't want to still be waiting at the beginning of August.
  I'm hoping we can move at the end of June or during the month of July.  If we don't move at that time, we have to wait until mid-September.  I don't want to move in August because I will be 8 months pregnant.  Not the most ideal time to move.  However, if we have to wait until mid-September we'll have a newborn.  I'm not sure which option is better.  The one benefit of waiting until September is that I'll get to deliver at the new hospital in Murray.
  As Daniel said, the kids are sharing a room now, and it's actually going quite well.  Sometimes it's hard because Lily usually sleeps longer than Erik.  Some mornings Lily gets up at the same time as Erik, which is too early.  On those days she's in a "lovely" mood and it's those days when I'm glad I work.  
  Daniel's been great about doing school, taking care of the kids during the day, and working nights these last few years.  However, I am looking forward to a schedule that's a little more normal, when we can actually spend evenings, and hopefully weekends, together.  I am only 10 school weeks away from being done!  I am so excited, but these last few weeks seem like they are going to take forever!  I'm looking forward to spring break in the middle of  April.  I think I might try driving home with the kids.  I don't know when I'll be able to go back to Washington again, especially if we end up back east.
  I think that's about it for now.  I'm really going to try to update again before another month passes, but school is getting crazy right now.  Only 10 more weeks!  Yay!

4 comments:

jamiea said...

Hurray for almost being done! Good luck with the job search!

MAstle said...

Holy cow! You guys can't move away, too. I heard BYU has a great graduate program in geospyology (is that Daniel's major?).

Bill Gates II said...

Jen, I didn't know you are pregnant. How exciting! That is so wonderful. I always feel silly because John and I had our three so quickly. We wanted it that way but sometimes I feel like people snicker about us(I always get comments from people when I am grocery shopping). It is so nice to see other families like us. Maybe we aren't so CRAZY!!! Good luck with the job search. We will definately be thinking of ya. Oh, Dallas is a great place. Maybe you could look here. We would love that.

Weavers said...

I also didn't know you were pregnant. Congratulations. I feel like I am behind now since we both have two the same age. So does that mean you will be moving to Murray, since you said you would be delivering in Murray?