Wednesday, February 20, 2008

It figures....

So tonight was a total lunar eclipse.  The total part was going to last for 50 minutes.  I teach the moon stuff to all the sixth graders at my school.  Right now, I'm on my second group.  They have to track the moon phase each night for 3 weeks.  The first few nights for this class were cloudy.  However, for the past week it has been clear as could be every night.  The moon has been bright, and we could see it moving from the first quarter to the full moon (which officially happens tomorrow night).  So, for the last week I've also been telling them about the eclipse tonight.  The information has been up on my board and I mention it everyday.  It figures that the one night I really want them to go out and look at the moon because something cool is going to happen, it's the first cloudy night in more than a week.  Not only is it cloudy, it actually started snowing about the time the total eclipse began.  :(  Then both my mom and my sister have to tell me they're outside watching it and how cool it looks!  There's not supposed to be another total lunar eclipse until the end of 2010.  Maybe I'll be able to see that one.
  The other night when that pipe factory/warehouse place exploded I didn't realize just how close it really was.  It looked father in the dark than it did today when I looked at it when I was driving home.  I'm really surprised that our windows didn't break or anything.  That was a pretty crazy night.  It seriously sounded like one of our neighbors building blew up.  I'm just glad it didn't wake up Erik or Lily and freak them out.  A lady I work with lives in Salem and she said they heard it (or felt it) at their house.  I'm just glad that more people weren't seriously injured.  I'm also surprised, and happy, that no one was killed...which was pretty amazing.
  Tomorrow is Lily's birthday and I feel bad because I haven't had time to really prepare and get decorations for our small party.  We're not celebrating until Friday night, so I guess I technically have tomorrow to buy supplies.  I do have some plates and napkins.  Those are princesses.  Now I need to get the cake and decorations.  I can't believe she's already two.  It seems like it's gone by so quickly.  Her actions however, are all two year old!  Yikes!  Good thing she's cute!  :)
  Daniel has started turning in applications.  I'm so happy!  We're one step closer to a real job.  I just hope it doesn't take months and months to hear something back.  I hope we hear something by summer.  Everyone keep  your fingers crossed for us (or maybe with us?).

1 comment:

Weavers said...

I wish I would have known about the eclipse. My dad used to always tell me about that stuff and I loved it.

And I feel for you about Erik wanting his door open. Jackson's in the phase where he gets scared. I don't know if he is scared or if he's milking it to get us to stay up with him and sing to him and whatever, but it's hard to say, "You're not scared. Go back to sleep!" So every night for the past couple of weeks around 4:30 he's up "scared." But luckily he will go back to sleep. As for the naps. BOOO on kids getting to old for them!!! That used to be the highlight of my day.