Thursday, December 5, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013

This year was our first year in our home for Thanksgiving, so we decided to stay home. Todd, Holly and the kids came over for a few days to spend the holiday with us, and we all had a great time! It's so nice to actually be able to have room for company. It will be even nicer when the bathroom and bedroom are finished, but both work great right now.
 The hardest part about preparing Thanksgiving dinner was only having one oven and stove available for cooking. We did what we could the day before, but it was still a lot to do the day of. We also made all the things we both love about Thanksgiving dinner.
   The menu: turkey, mashed potatoes, sweet potato casserole, homemade rolls, homemade cranberry sauce, veggie tray, fruit tray, stuffing, jello salad, seven layer salad, and pumpkin pie. Everything was DELICIOUS! We had leftovers for days.....it was fabulous!!!
 The evening after Thanksgiving we had a family from the ward over for leftovers and games. The kids all had fun playing downstairs and the adults had fun playing games upstairs. It was a weekend full of laughs, great company and late nights. We can't wait to do it again at Christmas!!
 Here are some pictures of our Thanksgiving day.


Our gratitude tree


Pilgrim Drew 

Delicious Thanksgiving food!!

These are the rolls my grandma always made for Thanksgiving. This was the first time I'd had them since Daniel and I got married - and I made them. They were wonderful!! 


Daniel's homemade cranberry sauce. I'm not a fan of cranberries, but other people said it was very good. 


The kids' table 


Sweet potato casserole - soooo good!! 




Look at that fantastic spread!! What a fabulous day!

2 comments:

MAstle said...

I'm hoping that was a turkey in the oven, but I swear I see the face of a smiling man.

5Kgoatgirl said...

That looked awesome. And your grandma's rolls looked really neat.