Tuesday, April 3, 2012

February/March

February we celebrated my birthday as well as Lily's 6th birthday. Instead of a big friend party for Lily, we went to breakfast with her friend, Riley and Riley's mom (who just happens to be Drew's preschool teacher). I forgot my camera, but we enjoyed good food and good friends. It was fun. We also made cupcakes for her family party and the kids added their own decorations. Nice and low-key this year. She got a few toys and some new clothes.
Erik had his first Blue and Gold banquet and got to participate in the skit. He did well and had a good time. He also had his first Pinewood Derby. He saw a picture of a car in his Scout book and decided that was what he wanted his to look like. It was a simple wedge shape and was painted bright red. I think Dad ended up doing most of the work, but he liked it just the same. I think next year he will be a bit more involved because at the derby he was able to get ideas of cars from the older boys. We didn't use any weights this year and I think we'll add some next year. He had so much fun though. He's also had a really good time working on all the merit badges and is doing very well. He looks forward to Scouts each week.
Drew is learning more words each day. He's starting to put whole sentences together. We can understand him pretty easily most of the time, and his teachers at school are able to understand him as well. I don't know if anyone else is really able to, but we are so proud of the progress he's making.
Alex is now 8 1/2 months old. He started crawling about a week ago and is now very mobile. He also got his first tooth. He reached both of these milestones earlier than any of the other kids. Now we really need to clean our carpets and floors......I can't believe the things he finds!!
We are still looking for a house. The market for starter homes (under $200,000) in this area is very, very tight. When anything decent comes up it goes quickly! In 5 months of looking we've only found 2 we wanted to bid on.....but we were too late both times. We looked at the houses 2 days after they came up, bid on them the next day, and lost out both times. One of the houses actually had 9 other offers on it. Yikes! At least we've looked at enough houses that we know what we want so we can move fast.....hopefully one of these times we'll actually move faster than anyone else. :)
We had a week and a half for spring break and had gorgeous weather every day....except today, which is the last day. We have gone to parks, play dates, the Butterfly Pavilion and played outside a LOT. It has been wonderful, but we are also sooooo excited for school to start again! :) Of course, I think mom and dad are more excited for that part than the kids.
That is a quick run down of the past two months. I don't think I've forgotten anything. Pictures to follow soon.... as soon as I find the camera and upload any pictures.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

WOW! Good luck on the house hunt!