
Drew's 3rd birthday was August 22nd. We decided to keep it really simple. Sunday night after the kids went to bed I hung up a few decorations. Drew really likes SpongeBob and Thomas and Friends, so I got a few decorations to go with those themes. After Erik and Lily went to school Monday morning we let Drew open a few presents. He opened a new train, Spencer, from us and a Cars doodle pad from Grandma Janet. He loved both of them. Later that morning I took Drew to the store to pick out a balloon. Every time we go to the grocery store he sees all the balloons hanging from displays and always asks for one. I told him he could choose a balloon for his birthday. We looked at all the balloons and he finally chose a Cars bubble (those are the balloons that get really big and round and you can see into them). He carried it around all day!! After Erik and Lily got home he opened the rest of his presents, a double decker bus from Cars 2, more train track and a Percy puzzle, and we ate pizza. Drew doesn't really like breads, so he isn't a big cake fan. I decided since he likes pizza I'd just put his candles in a slice of pizza. It worked great! After eating the kids played with the new toys until it was time to go to McDonalds. Drew LOVES ice cream, especially the 50 cent cones from McDonalds. So instead of the cake and ice cream route and a big party, we just went to McDonalds to play on the indoor toys and eat ice cream cones. All the kids had fun and I didn't have any birthday party stress. It was a win-win situation! Clean up was super easy too! :) Drew also got another train from Jennifer and Stanton (Hiro) and some money from Grandma and Grandpa Dub. He had a great day.
Sunday evening we were outside playing. Drew was riding his scooter down the sidewalk and I was sitting in the grass further down the sidewalk holding Alex. Suddenly Drew fell and started crying. It didn't look to bad, but when he got to me I could see a huge bruise/road rash kiss on his forehead. It was about the size of a half dollar. It looked like someone had kissed him after putting on lipstick. Suddenly his nose started bleeding. It was everywhere: all over his shirt, face and feet and all over my shirt and ankles as well as the sidewalk. I laid Alex on his blanket in the grass and held Drew until Erik brought paper towels and my friend ran over to hold Alex. The bleeding finally stopped and we went upstairs to get cleaned up. That's why in his pictures he has a huge bruise on his forehead....poor kid! Just in time for his birthday and the first day of school. I guess kids will be kids! He looks much better now, less than a week later.
Happy Birthday Drew! We love you!
3 comments:
Happy Birthday Drew! Can't believe he is 3. That's a pretty big doozy there on his forehead....looks like I'll probably be dealing with a lot of those with Isaac :)
H-A-P-P-Y
BIRTHDAY!
Did Drew run into a wall or someone's lips?
Post a Comment