Sunday, April 3, 2011

Spring Break 2011

Our spring break this year went from March 21-March 30. Daniel had to work so I debated taking the kids to Utah for a week. I didn't say anything to the kids because I wasn't sure if I was going to attempt the 7.5 hour trip by myself. I was waiting to see what the weather was like and also how I was feeling. I was nervous about a few things: 1-driving by myself with 3 kids, 2-the weather, 3-my hands going numb and 4-going insane! Daniel let it slip a few days before spring break that we were going to Utah, and the kids overheard him. So, now they knew and they weren't going to let me out of it. We left Saturday morning at 8 and pulled into grandma's house at 5pm. It took us 9 hours, but that's ok. Everyone did really well and my hands didn't bother me too much. We stopped often to get out and stretch and use the facilities. We stopped in Laramie, Rawlins, Rock Springs and Evanston, both on our way to Utah and coming home. The kids didn't fight too much, I only yelled a few times and we had a good time overall.

We stayed with Grandma Janet and spent a lot of time with Jennifer and Stanton. We also got to see the cousins on my side of the family. We went down to Provo twice to see David, Sharie, Nathan, Keith, Kenzie, Malea and Isaac. We played at the Orem mall and also at David's and Keith's. One morning they even came up to Salt Lake to go swimming with us. We all had a great time!

I forgot my camera, so I don't have any pictures. We played at Stanton's, went to the park, jumped on the trampoline, went swimming twice, played with all Grandma Janet's toys and played lots of Angry Birds. It was a nice, relaxing trip. The kids only took a day or two to adjust to sleeping in "strange" beds, and even Drew slept well. It wasn't as bad as I feared. (We only had one VERY SCARY incident the last day we were there, but it all turned out ok.) I'm glad we went because we won't be able to go visit anyone this summer. Now that I've done one vacation solo, I won't be afraid to attempt another one!

Thanks to all our Utah family for hanging out with us! We had a FANTASTIC time!

No comments: