Sunday, April 3, 2011

January/February


I know, I know! I am a lazy blogger lately. I enjoy my days off and by the time the kids get to bed I'm just too tired, so I keep putting it off. Here are a few quick updates on January and February.

My long term sub job ended mid-January, so I took a week off and didn't take any jobs. We went to the Butterfly Pavilion one day and Erik and Lily held Rosie, the tarantula. Way to go you two!





I had another birthday-this one was 34. Just kind of another day for me, but the kids loved the idea of "celebrating" my special day. I think it meant more to them than to me, but that' s just fine!

Valentine's Day Activities: We tried to do a few special activities in the week leading up to V-Day. We used glitter stickers to make "love" pictures. We also talked about having a loving and peaceful home for FHE. We also made tissue paper hearts. Finally, the kids and I cut out different colors and sizes of hearts. On each heart we wrote names of people we love. I know it's hard to read all the names, but I know all the immediate family members were named, but Lily wrote "family" to cover everyone else. The kids loved this! We hung the hearts on the bathroom door, and here we are in April and the hearts are still up! They are a nice reminder of all the special people we have in our lives.







Lily turned 5! We had a small princess party at our house. She invited a few friends from school to come over and play for a few hours. We made crowns, ate "Tangled" cupcakes, opened presents, played a few easy games and played with toys....ALL her toys! I've come to realize that kid parties don't have to be too complicated. The thing the kids enjoy most is simply playing with toys. We usually play a few games, but leave the majority of the time for the kids to just play together! It's great. Everyone had a good time and she got lots of cool presents. She's now ready for kindergarten (she's already registered too).




Erik finished up his basketball session. It went 6-8 weeks, so it was just long enough. He learned a lot, did really well and had a blast! He wanted to sign up again, but they only offer basketball once a year. We'll have to wait until next January. He told me he wants to do tennis now. I kind of want to get him into lacrosse, but we'll have to wait and see since all the classes go through July, which will be very busy for us!



I really am going to try to keep up with my posts from here on out, but I'm not making any promises!

No comments: