Saturday, June 5, 2010
Summer Adventures
We decided as a family a few weeks ago that we would try to go do something fun (an adventure) together each day for a month. I put some activities on slips of paper and we put them in a box. We try to draw one out each day. So far we have gone to the Children's Museum, played at the school, gone for ice cream at Dairy Queen, played in the big sandbox at the mall, gone to McDonald's for dinner and today we're trying out a new park in Boulder. A lot of the slips are free and easy things, like going to a new park, having a picnic, going on a nature walk and things like this. A few other activities are going to the Botanic Gardens, going to the Bay Aquatic Park, swimming at the rec center and going out to lunch. We haven't picked a slip every day, but we have done a fun activity each day. So far the kids are loving it, so I just need to be sure I am really consistent about doing it each day. I will actually take the camera one of these times so we'll have pictures to post.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That's such a great idea!! I've been trying to think of what to do with the kids every day now that school out. You will have to post what you do so you can give me some good ideas!!
Post a Comment