Wednesday, May 26, 2010

April/May Activities



It's been a long time since I posted anything. Part of the reason is because I've been getting quite a few sub jobs and I've been trying to help out in Erik's class as much as possible. Another reason is because we haven't done too many exciting things that I felt were blog-worthy. The main reason though is time....I've been trying to spend as much time doing things with the kids as possible. I hope to be better about doing fun things with the kids this summer and posting the pictures more often. My goal is once a week, but we shall see. Here are some highlights from the past two months.


Erik's Kindergarten Work




My favorite book is Never Take a Shark to the Dentist because the giraffe sticks out of movie theater.

Children's Museum of Denver

Erik's class had a field trip to the children's museum in April. Since our school is a "low-income" school each child was given a free year's family membership. That saved us $85!! We plan to use this often throughout the year. So much nicer going during the day instead of on free nights!




Puttin' out the fire.


He loves to mop and sweep.


Driving the fire truck.


Coming out of the backyard tunnel. Drew wasn't too sure about this until I went too.


We weren't supposed to climb on this....oops!

Random Daily Happenings


Art project


He loves getting on the computer chair.


Drew's new favorite after bath activity.


He likes to read too.


He loves playing on the deck. Stylin' outfit.


First day the pool was open.

Lily's Preschool End of Year Celebration


Lily and her teacher, Ms. Kim.


Waiting for her turn.


Food, friends and fun!

2 comments:

The Walker's said...

The kids are getting so big! Holy cow. I'm sad I won't be able to go to the reunion and see everyone. I love Erik's school project, that will be fun to look back at when he is older. And he has pretty good penmanship too!

Heather said...

I am so impressed that Erik wrote that. It is amazing what school can teach them. Parker just graduated preschool and he is learning how to read words. That is way nice you got a membership to the children museum!