My three hams. :)
I can't believe how quickly Drew is growing up! He gets around the house so fast, especially if he hears the fridge open. We constantly have to watch our step now because he comes up behind us without us knowing. He figured out how to pull out the plug covers we were using, so we had to switch to the regular ones. (We had been using ones that had a button to push to allow them to pop out easily. Apparently, most babies are not as strong or smart as Drew. ) I can't believe he'll be 1 next weekend!Erik is very excited for school to start next week. We bought all of his school supplies and he picked out a G.I. Joe lunchbox. He starts next Thursday, but he only goes for half a day. Then, the following Tuesday he starts going all day.
Lily is growing like a weed. She is learning to write her name and loves swimming. She has gotten really good at swimming around like a fish wearing her life jacket.
Lily was so worn out this day. She doesn't usually nap.
This past weekend Daniel's cousin Heather, her husband Jason and their son Parker were in town for the Cubs-Rockies baseball games. Heather and Parker only went to the Friday night game, so they spend Saturday evening and Sunday with us. We went swimming Saturday night, but we didn't take a camera. Parker used one of our life jackets and, after a few minutes, was swimming all over the pool. Erik rarely uses his anymore and is able to swim from one end of the pool to the other without swallowing too much water. :)Sunday, Heather and Parker went to church with us. Lily has been going to sunbeams, even though she turned 3 in February and should still be in nursery. Our primary is small, and there was only 1 sunbeam, so they moved her up. She absolutely loves it! They tell me she tries to sing all the songs. The ones she knows well, she sings loudly with much enthusiasm! I can't wait to see her in the program. Parker went to primary with Lily. Everyone kept telling us how cute he was. Thanks for coming. We had fun, and I know Lily and Erik liked playing with Parker. Can't wait till you visit again.
After church, Brian, Jamie and the kids came up for a few hours and had dinner with us. They got "kicked out" of their house for the day since they were having an open house. All the kids had a good time playing together. We enjoyed having a mini-Astle Sunday night get together at our house. It was good to be able to see the Austin family before they head off for their Oklahoma adventure. Good luck you guys. We'll miss you.
In other news.... Drew finally got his first tooth! His top, left front tooth is finally poking through, and his other top, front tooth will poke through any day now. He just barely beat his birthday. Out of all the kids, he got his first tooth the latest, but he still beat me. I think I was almost 13 months before I got my first tooth. He's been somewhat cranky and wants to be held a lot. He also isn't eating food as well.... he just wants his bottle right now. That's ok though. I'm glad his teeth are coming in because then he can start eating more regular food. I'm ready to be done with baby food! I was even lucky enough to get a picture of him laughing so you can actually see his teeth. Now we just have to finish planning his 1st birthday party. Time goes so fast!
2 comments:
That is a cute pic of you and of course the kids.
I cannot believe you baby is getting a tooth so late and it is a top one. All my kids (3 of them) got their bottom tooth first! And I think that is a great picture of you! You look the same as you did in high school! (:
Post a Comment