Wednesday, July 29, 2009

July News

July has been a very busy month but things have finally calmed down. Here is a summary of some things that have happened this month.


Pulling up on anything he can... the high chair this time.

First, Drew has become very mobile this month. He started crawling at the end of June, but in just two weeks had become very quick. He now crawls all over the house and is walking along the furniture. He loves to pull up on the coffee table and walk from one end to the other. He also enjoys playing in the kitchen, especially the fridge. He usually just like to stand in front of the open fridge and grab the shelves. Today he tried stepping up onto the bottom shelf while holding onto the middle rack. He follows us around the house like a little shadow. We are trying to train Erik and Lily to shut the bathroom door since he loves to play in there as well.


Lily and Erik before leaving for the airport. They wore their 4th of July shirts, even though we spent much of it traveling.


Here is Drew's 4th of July outfit. I'm glad he wore it at least once, because it didn't fit him for long, even though it's a 12 month outfit. He's growing so fast!

At the beginning of July the kids and I flew to Utah for a family reunion in Provo. We got in the afternoon of the 4th and spent that afternoon/evening having a bbq at the park with my parents, siblings and their kids. We were so exhausted that we just set off a few small fireworks, then went to bed. We were staying just off of Center St. and 300 W in Provo so we were able to hear and see the fireworks from Stadium of Fire. The next week was the Asay family reunion (my mom's siblings and parents). We had a few picnics, went swimming, went to the open house at the Oquirrh Mountain Temple and spent Thursday at Yuba Lake boating and riding wave runners. Since I was there by myself, we didn't go to all the activities. Erik and I went to the temple open house which was wonderful! When we lived in Provo, Erik always asked when he'd be able to go in the temple. I loved being able to share this experience with him. He loved seeing all the pictures of Jesus and thought the temple was very pretty. Lily wasn't feeling well, and Drew was napping, so they stayed at our apartment with my parents. (My cousin and his wife bought an old house that used to be student apartments, remodeled them and turned them into short term stay apartments. It was wonderful to have our own space: a kitchen, living and dining room and two bedrooms. It was even cheaper than staying at most hotels.) On Thursday, Lily was finally feeling better, but I was worn out. Erik really wanted to go on the boat, so he went with grandma and grandpa to the lake while I stayed home with Drew and Lily. We spent the day relaxing and napping. I'm glad I decided to stay home because there wasn't much shade down on the lake. I didn't want Drew out in the heat or the sun all day. I wanted to go boating, but it turns out the water was very choppy anyway. Not my favorite conditions for skiing or anything.... especially considering I haven't done it for at least 8 years. I would've been really sore the next day! We had a good time, but we were all VERY glad to come home Saturday. I didn't take my camera since I knew I wouldn't take any pictures, so as soon as I get the pictures from my sister in law, I'll post pictures of all the fun activities. Thanks Kenzie for being my photographer. :)
Since our Utah trip, we have been swimming, playing at the park and going to the library. We have been doing these things a lot this summer, but the kids love it and they are FREE! Erik is sooo excited for school to start. I can't believe he's starting kindergarten in less than a month!! My baby is growing up. Part of me is a little bit sad, but mostly I am just really excited for him (and for me)! He's going to do great!
That's about it for now. Things should be calming down so I'll be able to take more pictures of the kids and post them more often.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

SOOO fun! We are going to the Temple Open hhouse this weekend!