Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Preschool

  Today was Erik's last day of preschool, so his class put on a little program.  They came out on stage and did a little dance together.  Then, they sang a song about wanting to ride on a fire truck and another about their bodies.  Then they each got a little certificate.  Some of the kids in his class will be going to kindergarten in the fall, so they "graduated" from preschool and got to wear a little graduation cap.  Others, like Erik, will not be going to kindergarten for another year.  He didn't get to wear a cap.  He was so cute during the program.  He kept waving and smiling at us.  I heard "Hi, Mom!" whispered loudly a few times.  He did a really good job and we were so proud of him.  Lily gave him a huge hug after he was done too.
  Then, after I got home today, he asked if he was going to preschool again.  I told him he'd probably go to a different preschool.  He told me he wanted to go again so he could wear a blue hat (the graduation caps) next time.  I then told him if he didn't get a hat that we'd buy one for him.  
  I can't believe how fast they grow up.  Pretty soon, we'll be sitting at Lily's programs and Erik's sports/events.  Yikes!  You really do have to enjoy each stage, because they move on so quickly.

No comments: