Drew definitely made the most progress this year. He went from barely saying a couple words at the beginning, back in August, to speaking full 5 word sentences. He can still be hard to understand, but he's doing soooo much better. Heather, Lorna and Wendy, Drew's teacher and paras, were great with him and loved him to pieces. He looked forward to school each day and was always excited about the things they did each day. I'm sad because his teacher, Heather, won't be coming back next year. :( She was so great with him. I guess that makes it easier for us if we end up moving and having to go to another school. I will miss Celeste, his speech teacher, as well. She is so great with him, and pushed him without pushing too hard and making him shut down completely. Emerald Preschool is AWESOME!!
Enjoying friends and a picnic lunch on the playground.
Heather and Alex
What a cutie!
Alex checkin out Drew's classroom. Hmmm...can I eat this?
Heather, me, Drew, Wendy and Lorna (Can you tell Drew was ready for a nap?)
We will also really miss Lily's teacher, Mrs. O'Hara. She really helped Lily improve her behavior this year. She was also great about adjusting Lily's work so she was challenged and not bored. Lily started to get bossy and disruptive again towards the end of the year, so I hope we can change that over the summer so we don't start at square one again next year. Lily went to first grade for math about half of the year, and ended up going to reading in the same first grade class the last part of the year. That really helped her behavior improve. She tested at end of first grade levels in both reading and math, so I hope wherever we end up next year they will be as willing to adjust her levels as Emerald was this year. If we end up at Emerald next year, Lily will be in Mrs. Remington's class, which is the first grade teacher who worked with her this year. I was also able to go in and help with small groups during literacy time once a week. The kids were always so excited to see me and they'd ask, "Do I get to work with you today?" :) The kindergarden classes sang some really cute songs on the last day, and then they "graduated" from kindergarden. They were so cute!
Mrs. O'Hara and Lily
Singing "Mother Gooney Bird"
Erik had Mrs. Bond this year and made more progress in reading and math. He went on lots of fun field trips to places like the fire station and the police station. They also got to have Chinese food after they finished their unit on China and we walked to an Indian restaurant after learning about India. I was able to go into his class once a week to read with the kids. I enjoyed it. It was so cute because I'd come in and a few kids would come up and give me hugs. Sure made my day seem better. Erik really got into soccer with his friends at recess and took his soccer ball to school almost every day the last few months of school. He also started reading the Diary of a Wimpy Kid series and Harry Potter. Way to go, Erik!
Mrs. Bond and Erik
All three kids worked so hard and made so much progress this year. We are proud of all of their hard work and effort. Good job guys! Here's to next year being just as great! We love you all!!!!
Erik and Lily also had field day at the beginning of May. It was a beautiful day and I was able to go up and watch the kids participate in some of the activities. I like the way they did it this year because they just had the kids find a partner and gave them each a numbered wristband. Then the pair just went around to the activities they wanted to do. The number of the activity was marked off when completed. They didn't have to do all the activities and they could repeat if they wanted. Then the second graders had a tug-of-war at the end of the morning. Erik's class won. Woo hoo!
Erik and Lily also had field day at the beginning of May. It was a beautiful day and I was able to go up and watch the kids participate in some of the activities. I like the way they did it this year because they just had the kids find a partner and gave them each a numbered wristband. Then the pair just went around to the activities they wanted to do. The number of the activity was marked off when completed. They didn't have to do all the activities and they could repeat if they wanted. Then the second graders had a tug-of-war at the end of the morning. Erik's class won. Woo hoo!
I found Erik and Lily going around together....how convenient!
Watermelon seed spitting
Getting ready for the first round of tug-of-war. Erik is wearing the gray shirt and hat.
The championship round. Good thing Juan was near the front (the kid in all black).
Drew eating his lunch while watching the tug-of-war.
No comments:
Post a Comment