Thursday, July 28, 2011

Math Talk...

Last week Lily and I were playing Connect 4. After a few games we were just putting in the pieces to fill up the "board." I asked how many red ones there were. She counted them and told me there were 21. She then counted the yellow pieces, of which there were also 21. There was one extra piece of each color in the box, which she informed me made a total of 22 of each color. We then had the following conversation:
Me: "So, if there's 22 red and 22 yellow ones, how many are there all together?"
Lily: (after a very brief pause) "44, because 20+20 is 40 and then 4 more is 44."

WOW! I think this girl definitely has a mathematical brain. Pretty good for someone who isn't even in kindergarten yet. Watch out world....here she comes!! :)

Love you tons Lily girl. You never cease to amaze me with your thinking!

1 comment:

Dan and LaVon said...

WOW that is impressive. HOpe you are all doing great!