Friday, March 20, 2009

Library Fun?

This afternoon the kids and I decided to go to the library to get some new books. They also have computers with phonics and literacy games that Erik likes to play. I told him h e could play for a few minutes, but when we got there all the computers were being used so we went to find some books first. They also have puzzles and other toys for kids to play with at the back of the kids' room. We headed that way and Lily went to do a puzzle while Erik and I looked at books. After a few minutes Erik wandered back towards the computers and Lily and I went to find some Caillou books. I soon noticed that Lily was in need of a new diaper, so we put our books down and went out to the car to get the diaper and wipes. Drew was sitting in the stroller and Erik was playing with him while I unlocked the car. I hear Lily cough and when I turned around she was bent over, throwing up all over the parking lot! This happened two or three more times. I felt so bad. She was upset and crying. I gave her some water to drink while I tried to rinse off the ground as best as I could. I'm just glad we were outside in the parking lot when this happened, and not still in the library. If I would have waited just two more minutes we might not have made it. The weird thing was that Lily was fine before this happened. She was running around, laughing and being her wild and crazy self. She never even complained about her stomach hurting. After getting Lily fixed, we went back in and checked out our books. She drank her water on the way home. I let Erik and Lily out of the car and they waited in the parking lot next to the car while I got Drew out. Suddenly, I hear Lily throwing up in the parking lot again. This time it was all the water she drank. At least she had the sense to bend over each time so it didn't get on her clothes. Now I was really worried that this might be more than just eating something wrong or too much.
All night, I made her sit next to a bowl because I really didn't want to clean puke out of my carpet. I didn't let her eat anything but dry cereal and a piece of bread. She also drank more water. She took some children's Pepto when we got home and before bed. She seemed fine the rest of the evening and we didn't have anymore excitement. I'm hoping we don't have any excitement tonight either! Keep your fingers crossed for her. It's so hard when they can't tell you exactly what's wrong. I just want her to feel better.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

That is very lucky that she at least waited til she got to the parking lot before she started hurling! My kids love the library here, it's great. In fact we are planning on going today!

Mick and Tiff said...

Poor Lily! I hate when little kids are sick. It makes a mom's day sooo much more difficult. Hope you are having fun in Washington.

Heather said...

That is too bad about Lily. You are very lucky you were out in the parking lot. The last time Parker got the throw-ups he ended up going into an insta-care and getting an iv because he was so dehydrated from throwing up! Now I am scared for him to get sick again because I don't want that to happen again! It is sad when kids are sick.