Saturday, October 25, 2008

Fun, Fun, Fun?


Yesterday I decided to drive Daniel to work so we could have the car for the afternoon. After dropping him off, we went to Broomfield Community Park to play on the toys. We went here last week and spent about an hour here. The kids had a great time. There are actually two playgrounds here. There is a smaller one to the right of the one pictured above. I just put Drew on a picnic table in between and played with the kids. It was great...until Erik slipped and hit his head on the stairs. (This happened on our park trip last week) I decided then it was time to leave. Luckily, yesterday's trip was very uneventful. The kids played for about 30 minutes. There is a pond in this park as well, located up in the right hand corner. Next to the pond is the public library. We decided to go over there for a bit and read some books. The children's library is pretty neat. Erik and Lily love reading books, so they were enjoying themselves. However, Drew was busy loading up his diaper. After about 15 minutes, he started screaming, so it was time to leave. I spent about 10 minutes out in the parking lot trying to get his diaper and clothes changed without getting it all over the car.

Then we drove up the street to Wal-Mart. I don't know why I keep going shopping with three kids by myself. I think that's more of a headache than anything. Is this what some people call fun?

After dropping off some groceries at home, we drove down the street to Left Hand Creek Park and played for another 30 minutes. I decided it was time to go when I started getting cold. Lily and Erik made a friend while at the park. Jack had brought some big fire trucks and he and Erik liked "driving" them down the slides.

It always feels later than it is here because it seems to get dark so early (about 6:15 right now). It does have the benefit in that I can get the kids ready for bed at 7 because it's dark. With the kids in bed between 7:30 and 8:00 I actually get some time to myself.

1 comment:

Mick and Tiff said...

Sorry about the car situation. Looks like you are adjusting well though. We miss you here. Addy was the only girl today at Jennifer's Halloween party so Lily was greatly missed.