Monday, September 15, 2008

3 Weeks Later...


Erik and Lily LOVE holding Drew as much as possible. They think it is great when he holds their fingers. They sometimes get mad when he won't grab their fingers. I have to explain that he doesn't always want to hold on to things, such as fingers.

Life has been crazy these past three weeks. I am trying, and hopefully succeeding, to adapt to life with three kids. I try to devote time to Erik and Lily when Drew is asleep, but this is easier said than done. Part of the problem is that I'm so tired from not getting a good night's sleep. Drew is waking up every 2-3 hours. I hope he'll start going a bit longer between feedings soon. It's amazing how your body just adjusts to waking up every three hours and is still able to function somewhat normally during the day. At least the weather is cooling off so we are able to go outside more often. The only problem are those neighbor kids that we really don't want our kids playing with. Hopefully I'll be able to get up and get going a bit sooner so that we can go play at the park. The nice thing about when my mom was here helping after Drew was born is that she would take Erik and Lily to the park for the whole morning. They loved it...now I just need to start doing the same.


Last Thursday, all the "cousins" went to Kangaroo Zoo. Daniel took Erik and Lily because Drew was sleeping and I was watching my niece, Malea. By the time I was able to meet up with everyone, they had left Kangaroo Zoo and were eating lunch. I was able to eat lunch with everyone, then go up to Sierra's birthday party, but once again I missed the fun of Kangaroo Zoo. The kids have been there three times now and I haven't been able to go, as I was in school for the other two. I'm hoping I at least get to go with them once so I can enjoy the fun as well. Thanks to everyone for planning such a fun day! My kids love playing with their cousins.



Drew is getting so big and is really starting to hold his head up well. If you hold him facing you, he pushes away until he is able to hold his head up and look around. This is great because the sooner he is able to lift his head and turn while lying on his belly, the sooner he can start sleeping on his tummy. We love that, because then he'll start sleeping a bit longer at night.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Hopefully you'll get to go to Kangaroo's soon. I even had fun on the slides :) Drew is the only baby Emi has ever smiled at. She thought he was pretty darn cute, even though yesterday she went back to saying "I don't like babies."

Unknown said...

Emi's pretty darn cute, and funny, herself.